Transition San Fernando Valley’s mission is to transform our unsustainable, energy-dependent city into a resilient, healthy and robust society through networking, community organizing, managing local resources and invoking the creativity of the human spirit.
- We believe that such a goal requires both an outer AND inner change.
- We believe that we are already involved in life-altering crises, which include Peak Oil and Global Warming.
- We believe that, even if no crisis was pending, a movement towards a resilient society is the right move. Maximizing local resources and promoting the health of the environment, is the only sensible future for human society.
- We believe that the Transition Initiative has the proper tools to help make the dreams of organizations already concerned with environmental, social and political justice a reality in our time.
- We believe we are all in Transition, right now. So, everyone’s welcome. Bring what you’re passionate about to the table. We’re waiting for you.
Questions? Come and visit our FAQ first.